Friday, September 21, 2007

Doom for Doom

doomDoom -- Enter the Rock in this movie adaptation of the video game of the same title.

If you weren't able to catch Doom when it was shown last year, Doom is about a group of soldiers..well, space marines...who were sent to another planet to make sure that everything's going fine with a research facility.

Upon reaching the facility, they find out that the place isn't so fine after all. Almost all the scientists are missing, dragged into the darkness by some weird, unseen (not invisible) thing. They were briefed about the situation by a lady scientist who is probably the only scientist left there. Oh and a physically disabled guy is there to help too.

They receive their mission: get rid of the thing and leave.

Then you will see a series of action scenes and you also discover what the weird, unseen (not invisible) thing is. Of course, I wouldn't tell you the whole story here because I don't want to ruin anything for you, dear reader and unfortunate misser of the movie, Doom.

Okay, personally, I don't like the movie. It's an Alien rip-off. I haven't played the game but I've seen it and I wish there were scenes there that were actually taken from the game. Oh wait, there is! It's only scene that I liked in the whole movie:

You know those first-person shooter games like Time Crisis and well...Doom (durr)? There's this scene where the Rock goes around the lab, trying to find the weird, unseen (not invisible) thing and it's like you're playing the actual game itself. There! That's like cool, you know?

Well, that's me of course.

Try to watch it. If you don't like it, don't blame me. If you do, praise me for introducing Doom to you.