Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Same Planet. Different World."

journey to the center of the earthAt first I thought that this would be another one of those remakes. I thought wrong, of course. Journey to the Center of the Earth proved to be a very interesting, and funny, movie on the Jules Verne classic. It was great the way they were able to interlace the movie with the actual story.

Brendan Frazer was as usual, the source of laughter. His punchlines were right on the mark and they made the movie livelier.

The special effects were awesome too. It really looked like everything from down there were real. The pre-historic animals looked real too! There were some scenes that made me jump off my seat a bit...well I was already at the edge of my seat to begin with, so...

Although personally, I think the Journey to the Center of the Earth was a bit too short and it kinda lacked some real story. Sure, it's about a man who discovers the way to the center of the earth, and who goes through an adventure to find the way back out but...that's all there is to it. They didn't even spend 3 days at the center. Buuuuuut. It's still a good watch.

I think we've caught a glimpse of a potential sequel too!