Thursday, July 3, 2008

"I'm sorry" Just Went Up a Notch

wanted angelina jolieThis is like one of the most amazing movies I've ever seen!

Okay, given that the story is pretty shallow... I mean, there's this "loser" who suddenly finds himself becoming a part of an elite group of assassins called the Fraternity. What's more, a sexy and beautiful woman becomes his partner. I think any guy would give anything to be in his shoes.

The plot, as I've said, is pretty shallow indeed, but the acting makes the movie worth the watch. Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman really brought their roles to life. It made the movie amazing.

The special effects were cool too, with the curving bullets, adrenaline-induced visions, blood splatters and the like. Even the rat explosions were awesome. But...poor rats (even if they were CG).

Speaking of curving bullets, I've actually heard people wonder out loud if it were really possible to do that. Haha...my friend said he's waiting for a Mythbusters "Wanted" special soon: curving bullets, wax treatment and if rats preferred peanut butter over cheese.

My favorite part would be where Wesley (McAvoy) attacked the Fraternity's fortress and was faced with multitudes of men with guns. That action scene made me not blink and the blood splatters when he shot their heads were realistic.

Then there's the ironic ending where Sloan (Freeman) met his end in the hands (or should I say gun) of Wesley. Oh oh and the part where Fox (Jolie) curved her bullet and killed everyone!!! It is made of WIN!

This movie is definitely a "must-see"!