Friday, February 1, 2008

Josh Hartnett: Bunraku

josh hartnettJosh Hartnett is set to play the role of Drifter in an indie movie entitled Bunraku.

Bunraku is a type of Japanese puppet show but the movie is
"a live-action telling a classic story of a stranger coming to town in the tradition of spaghetti Westerns, samurai movies and gangster flicks."

Drifter's story is revenge gone bad. He's out looking for retaliation but finds himself involved in a fight bigger than what he prepared for.

Bunraku will be done ala-"Sin City": a mixture of
"puppets, origami, comic books, video games and German expressionism."

I'm not really sure if this movie's worth watching. I mean, I'm a fan of samurai movies and I've had my share of viewing experience, but what the producers claimed the movie will include (see paragraph before this), it makes me think twice about the plot of the movie.

Sure there's been samurai movies - well animation, actually and it's a series - that mixes some major aspects to the story that are clearly
western like this one.

But yeah, Bunraku isn't even in production yet, so we'll see.


Source