Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Is Beek Out of the Creek?!

dawson's creekDawson's Creek -- I remember watching Dawson's Creek back in 1998 when it was first aired. I couldn't understand the adult themes back then but I still liked watching it. Until it sucked. They put in too many characters and twisted the story so bad, I stopped watching the adventures of Dawson, Pacey, Jen and Joey.

I still think that Dawson is butt-ugly. But that's my opinion.

There's not much to the story except that it centers around the four friends and their teenage life in a fictional town called Capeside. Adulthood and the things related to it are mostly what the episodes are about, plus the teenage perspective of growing-up of course. It picked up where Beverly Hills, 90210 left off, and now, Dawson's Creek is considered a basis for teenage-angst-related TV shows like The OC and Gilmore Girls.

As I said, I was kinda hooked to watching Dawson's Creek when I was a kid. Well, fine. I was waiting for it every Friday night at our local station. Ever since I started watching it, I resented the fact that someone like James Van derBeek is a lead character. I don't like how he looks. After the first season, or two, I don't really remember when, I lost interest and stopped watching. It was like their lives are getting more complicated when it isn't supposed to be complicated in the first place. Too much drama. But what the hell...we're talking about teenagers here. Of course their lives are all drama! I was like that too, 4 years ago.

Did anyone watch Dawson's Creek?