Friday, July 27, 2007

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

are you afraid of the dark, tv show, dvdAre You Afraid of the Dark? was a series that aired in Nickelodeon back in 1992. A group of kids who called themselves "The Midnight Society" met every weekend night around a campfire and told spooky stories to each other. Their stories' titles usually began with "The Tale of --" and the themes were about ghosts, aliens, haunted objects, curses -- the usual paranormal subjects.

I grew up watching Are You Afraid of the Dark? and I really liked most of the episodes. I say most because some stories weren't really scary and I was basically watching the show to get spooked (a kid my age back then gets spooked easily by these kinds of shows).

I would also recommend Are You Afraid of the Dark? to other people and children because 1) it is a kids' show after all and 2) there are moral lessons at the end of each episode. It's amusing, actually. I used to wish back then that I had my own "Midnight Society".